Your Business can apply for funding through Digital Training Northeast
Digital Training Northeast are pleased to be acting as a gateway organisation for the Governments Kickstart Scheme. This allows us to play an active part in supporting businesses and applying for funding from the Kickstart Scheme on your behalf. What is the Kickstart Scheme?
Earlier this month the government announced a £2 billion scheme, designed to help 16-24 year olds into work through the creation of high quality 6-month work placements preventing them from becoming reliant on Universal Credit
Businesses can apply to the scheme and receive up to £6,500 to cover each individual’s wages and associated costs. Any business or organisation, private, public or voluntary, regardless of size, can apply for funding. If you are applying for 30 or more job placements, you can apply directly. If you are applying for less than 30 job placements, Digital Training Northeast can apply for you. How can Digital Training Northeast help?
We will submit an application on your behalf, using other employers to create 30 or more job placements in one application. If you need further guidance to support your placements, our experienced HR teams will provide additional direction and assistance. As an Gateway we can:
· work with you to finalise and submit your job placement specification
· manage all grant payments and wage reimbursements
· Ensure all skills, training, support and outcomes are met as per the government stipulations
There will be no cost to you as we shall make the applications on your behalf.
Key facts you need to know:
· the Government will fund 100% of the relevant National Minimum wage for 25 hours per week, plus associated employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
· placements must be for young people aged between 16-24 years old, currently on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment
· placements must be for new jobs, not a replacement for existing vacancies
Please do get in touch if you need help. Our team is here to support you, your family and your business. We will continue to communicate with you regularly via email updates and you will also find our latest guidance on our website, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts.